Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Reflection 1

   I chose this class because I want to work in International Business some day, so I may end up working with people from the Arab world. I expect to gain the knowledge to be able to work with them and avoid any confusion or problems because of confusion caused by difference in cultures. If I understand their culture and where they are coming from, then negotiations will be that much easier. I have never been to the Arab world, however I would love to go to Doha, Qatar one day as the city's architecture is spectacular and the economy is booming. I would love to go there and make contacts, learning how they think and do business there. I have so much respect for the people who have been making the wonderful decisions that have made Doha's economy what it is today.


   When 9/11 happened, I was still only 5 years old, so I had no idea what a muslim was. Now, however, I don't see them any different than me or my friends. Just like someone said in class today: People don't look down upon all white people just because the KKK is there, so why should we look down upon everyone in the Arab world just because of a few terrorists?

No comments:

Post a Comment